Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Choices

Our lives are made up of a series of choices, either good or bad, made by us and/or others for us. Each choice has a consequence, also either good or bad. What we choose to do with those consequences shape the person we become. Just as words spoken to and over us shape the person we are and will become.

Each day is a new chance to make old things right or new things come about in our lives. Do we learn from bad choices and consequences, or do we continue on the wrong path? Do we blame others? Do we face our choices head on and admit to ourselves and others that we need help? Do we work hard to go in a new direction and leave the old behind? These are all questions that we must answer. It's time to take responsibility for our own lives and work hard to get them on track. Life is short and we all know it's not fair, but we hold the future, so to speak, in our own hands.

Whether or not you accept the fact, there is a Higher Being who loves us and is waiting for us to ask for help. No matter what name you may assign to Him, it makes no difference for He is one and the same. He is a perfect gentleman and will never come uninvited into any situation. I have seen first hand His hand in my own life. No situation is too big or too small for Him. He is always with you through good and bad situations, loving, and caring for us, never leaving us.

Some may find this offensive and that's OK. As I said life is full of choices, so you can choose to like this or not. Either way, we will go on being who we are and doing what we are about in life. I am this day making a choice to stop letting the past rule my life and step out into the brand new day that is in front of me. I'll be honest here, I need help, I can't do this on my own. We each have our own set of demons, if you will, that haunt us from those past choices and their consequences. Only we can make the choice to stand up to them and stop giving them power in our lives.

I hope that you will do the same. I am here to help you in any way I can. I'll listen. I'll pray. I'll cry and laugh with you. If you want me to I will offer you suggestions that might help. There are other people in your lives that I am sure would do the same for you. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment